Friday, November 19, 2010

What Every Parent Needs to Know About Vaccines According to the CDC

Do you read the ingredient labels on food before buying it? Read the instructions before assembling furniture? Read the fine print before signing on the dotted line to buy a car?

We take time to ensure we are making an informed decision on a variety of topics. Why not do the same for your child’s vaccination schedule?

Here is what all parents should know about vaccines before deciding whether or not to keep the immune systems intact on their children. The links below take you to pro-vaccine, authoritative sources:

Know the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) official American infant vaccine schedule here.
Obtain the product inserts for licensed vaccines in America here.
Review the CDC ingredient list for licensed vaccines in America here.
Make sure your child does not have a contraindication to vaccines here.
See if your child cannot receive vaccines due to Primary Immunodeficiency here.
Learn about the possible vaccine side effects from the CDC here.
Read about vaccine injuries and deaths at the government site here.

If you want to learn more about vaccines, you might also find these sources helpful:

Get factual data at your fingertips with phone apps here.
Calculate toxin loads, get a list of allergens and create a customized vaccine schedule here.
Navigate the adverse reaction website more easily with this alternate tool here.
Disseminate medical literature and learn about vaccine history here.
Find all the forms, laws and information needed for vaccine exemptions here.
Broaden your understanding of the vaccine/autism controversy here.
Create a support group and gain invaluable mom-to-mom advice here.
Learn about the differences between vaccine-free and vaccinated families/kids here.
Stay updated and open minded with critical articles on current events here.



8 comments:

  1. have you read dr sears "the vaccine book"? i just got it in the mail and am eager to do more research

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this fantastic list of resources, Guggie! I have managed to keep my eight month old vaccine free up to now, but my husband isn't completely in agreement with my hopes of keeping her that way. These resources will be very helpful as we continue to discuss our options

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first child was vaccinated on a modified schedule (in the UK, which already includes fewer vaccines than the US schedule), my second had only one after age two before I changed my mind, my third has had none.

    This is one of the most difficult decisions to make for your child, and one where pressure from health care professionals is particularly strong even in the UK where it is openly a parent's choice. Thanks so much for sharing this vital information, in a way that feels truly helpful to making informed choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea von SchoeningJanuary 8, 2011 at 3:36 PM

    My son was born in 1994 and has never received a vaccine of any kind. I know some parents are scared about doing that, but I want to let you know that your child will be fine! My son is extremely healthy, and when he does get sick, he gets over things very quickly. I believe that this is how Nature/Spirit intended for us to live on the earth .. we are a part of it, after all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not vaxed and neither are my grown children. I kept it quiet since I did not want to be shunned.

    Yet, we are here. The reason my family does not vax is because of deaths and horrible injuries that have occurred to other members of our family. We learn from our mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter was up to date on all her vaccines. She was diagnosed with cancer Neuroblastoma stage 4 at the age of 3. She passed away 3 months before her 5th birthday. After much research my husband and I bothe believe it was the vaccines. My second daughter has only had a total of 4 vaccine and she will not be receiving anymore. We keep her healthy with probiotics, vitamin D and a multi vitamin. We plan on having another child and you can bet this baby will not getNot one vaccine! I wish I would of done my research before vaccinating. I will live with this guilt forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter was all up to date on her vaccines when she was diagnosed with cancer at the age of 3. She just recently lost her battle right before her 5th birthday. After much research my husband and I beleive it was the vaccines that caused the disease. My second daughter received a total of 4 vaccines before we decided No more. We keep her healthy with a multi vitamin, vitamin D and a probiotic.We are also eating organin foods - because Food does matter. We plan on having another baby and you can bet he or she WILL NOT get any vaccines.
    I wish I would have done my homework before letting them inject my daughter. This is something that will haunt me for the rest of my life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no need to feel guilty for something you didn't know. :-(
      hugs

      Delete