Monday, December 13, 2010

Wean Me Gently


"I know I look so big to you,

Maybe I seem too big for the needs I have.

But no matter how big we get,

We still have needs that are important to us.

I know that our relationship is growing and changing,

But I still need you. I need your warmth and closeness,

Especially at the end of the day

When we snuggle up in bed.

Please don't get too busy for us to nurse.

I know you think I can be patient,

Or find something to take the place of a nursing -

A book, a glass of something,

But nothing can take your place when I need you.

Sometimes just cuddling with you,

Having you near me is enough.

I guess I am growing and becoming independent,

But please be there.

This bond we have is so strong and so important to me,

Please don't break it abruptly.

Wean me gently,

Because I am your mother,

And my heart is tender."

~ Cathy Cardall


3 comments:

  1. *tears* Mine is 14 months and not stopping any time soon... :) As she is my last, it's going to be sad when it's time to leave this chapter of mothering behind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. guggie my dear co-scholar in the school for humanity... you are sooooo (s)C(h)OOOOOL.
    ... so good learning [to learn]to be[come] humanity with you.
    ... the value of what you do, is the value of true. ... true human-parenthood ...
    the identity of transparen[t]cy.

    >transparenthood< is as vital as it is possible for humanity. it is a normal - pheno-/psychotypical - human-ability to act in >transparentcy< ... it is as normal as mothering for one >BABY-HUMANITY<.

    as it is normal to me, when every mother that can [physical-/mentally] ... where the milk is original [healthy][save for the child], to mother mothermilk.

    mothermilk is best and no alternative.

    ... as a healthy foreskin is humanity´s normality at its best and no alternative to an INTACT-HUMANITY is intelligible.

    the moment i know of humanity´s childhood having "problems" with >health< ,,, e.g.: "complaining" about the healthy, intact genitalia and the healthy mothermilk ...
    i see the creator in >re-evaluation of all values<. ... with the primus questus: "what´s wrong with healthy mothering, mothermilk and an intact body-mind!"

    and yes my dear guggie, also you and i see the reality of the antihumanistic activity where chidren being mutilated and where humanity´s motherhood, where also mothering is being ridiculed, >un-normalized< >oppressed<.

    in you, in what you think say and do, i see the >humanity normalization process< in its >christallity<.

    the true value, the root-value of human-parenthood is transparentcy.
    ... having humanity´s childhood in heart and mind.

    i know you do.

    viva la humanitae
    amen

    ReplyDelete