Monday, January 24, 2011

Who You'd Be Today



Sunny days seem to hurt the most.
I wear the pain like a heavy coat.
I feel you everywhere I go.
I see your smile, I see your face,
I hear you laughin' in the rain.
I still can't believe you're gone.

It ain't fair: you died too young,
Like the story that had just begun,
But death tore the pages all away.
God knows how I miss you,
All the hell that I've been through,
Just knowin' no-one could take your place.
An' sometimes I wonder,
Who'd you be today?

Would you see the world? Would you chase your dreams?
Settle down with a family,
I wonder what would you name your babies?
Some days the sky's so blue,
I feel like I can talk to you,
An' I know it might sound crazy.

It ain't fair: you died too young,
Like the story that had just begun,
But death tore the pages all away.
God knows how I miss you,
All the hell that I've been through,
Just knowin' no-one could take your place.
An' sometimes I wonder,
Who you'd be today?

Sunny days seem to hurt the most.
I wear the pain like a heavy coat.
The only thing that gives me hope,
Is I know I'll see you again some day.

~Karen


5 comments:

  1. This baby looks to be almost the exact same size as my little boy, lost at 17 weeks in 2003. Hard to believe he'd be almost eight years old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holding my baby tight and crying for your losses, all you Mommas of babies who never got to live in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very close! This is my son Caden, born March 23rd, 2006 at 18weeks. He had Anencephaly. I'm very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pictures are amazing. What a precious little boy. I can't imagine losing a child so little, but it comforts me to know that these beautiful babies are walking in heaven with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete