Monday, January 23, 2012

Send a Birthday Card to Marci


Those of you who know me, know that I generally avoid soliciting money or promoting fundraisers. It's hard to verify if the organization is legitimate or if the cause is real. It's hard to send money to a stranger. I've never felt it was my place to garner your trust and tell you where to spend it.

But it's been my pleasure to be friends with Marcella since May of 2010. She is a professional woman who left her career to care for her vaccine-injured child. Marcella uses her professional skills to provide in-depth analysis on a variety of vaccine-related topics. She is dedicated, thorough and reliable. You can review one of her articles here.

Marci is celebrating her 52nd birthday and has asked that we celebrate by supporting her largest project, financially, by sharing about her project on Facebook and Twitter, or by sending good vibes and prayers!

This is hands down one of the best activism projects I've seen in a long time. It's grassroots and run completely by volunteers. When she first started this project, I supported her thoroughly, but admittedly thought it was too big to be successful. Marcella is not the type of person to give up so easily. Her project has continued to grow and touch the hearts and minds of parents around the country.

It's simple and yet genius...a strong, easy to read message on a billboard:


Here is a live billboard:


You know, regardless of whether or not you oppose vaccines, or only worry about some of them, or even if you fully vaccinate, Marci has a true and good message to share. Vaccines are NOT legally mandatory for school entry. Parents and children do have rights and they deserve to be fully aware of those rights. It's a cause everyone in the informed parenting movement can support.

I have donated $10 to the billboard project. I ask that you also consider a donation of any amount, or at least consider sharing her website, Facebook, youtube video or any part of the message that you feel will benefit the parents and children you know.

Here is her personal message:

"Thank-you to everyone for the birthday wishes! I am overwhelmed! Today I am 52 years old. I can't believe it.

There is so much work to be done. I have thought about my bucket list, and there are several things I want to see accomplished in my lifetime. One of the first steps is vaccine exemptions for West Virginia and Mississippi. I also want to see AB499 repealed in California. I want vaccine dangers to be exposed and children to be free to grow and develop the way they are intended and I want those responsible for the pain and suffering of children to be held accountable.

If you have known me and followed VaxTruth from the beginning, you know this all started because the Evansville Courier Press refused to tell the truth to its readers about the religious exemptions available. I never intended to start a non-profit and in August 2011 I never dreamed I would be seeing VaxTruth and my articles on a youtube video made by someone I've never met!

Things are happening and the word is getting out! As the word gets out and more parents seek information, those who make a lot of money from vaccine sales are pushing back. Pharma lobbyists are paying legislators for votes and working hard to take away the rights of parents not only in California and Vermont but across the nation. This could be seen as a sign of defeat, but I believe it is actually a good thing. It means they are desperate. They are desperate because they know we are right and they know it is only a matter of time before the whole world realizes what has been happening.

I know I ask a lot of you.

I know many of you have given before to help fund the billboards in Evansville, Denver, and Austin.

I know that when I post my pleas for donations you must be thinking, "Uggh... here she goes again."

I know that feeling. I get requests for donations. They drive me crazy. One time, I finally broke down and made a monthly donation to be taken directly from my checking account. It was $20 a month. I never missed it... at least not until I had to stop working after Rachel's vaccine-injury.

Then I decreased it to $10 a month. I still never missed it.

Tonight I am committing to a monthly donation of $10 to VaxTruth. I know where that information comes from and I know it's not tainted by pharma money.

I have had many people tell me over the last few days how wonderful I am. I've had many birthday wishes and expressions of love posted on my wall today. I am very thankful to have so many beautiful friends and I love you for your sweet spirits. But we know that doesn't pay the bills.

On Friday I posted a plea to help fund the billboard in Los Angeles, which will be in Timmy's honor. We have been attempting to get this billboard funded since the fall and as of Friday when I posted that plea, we had raised a total of $310. Today, more than 48 hours later, we have just over $400. We need $4,000.

Los Angeles is one of the two biggest markets in the United States. A billboard there will reach millions of viewers every day. Californians are some of the most radical people in the country when it comes to fighting back when their freedoms are threatened. I know. That's where I'm from. A billboard in L.A. will bring VaxTruth many more readers and followers, which means as we fundraise for additional billboards and projects, the burden will not be so great on individuals because it will be distributed among many more people.

We are not ignoring other parts of the country. We need to start with those areas that will reach the most people. We are small and need to be smart. 

The billboard design will be changed so that it adresses what is going on at this moment, regarding the loss of parental rights. That should not be an issue. If you have any ideas about what you would like the Los Angeles billboard to look like, please let me know. All contributing ideas will be considered. But first, we have got to get the funding so we can get it up and move to the next billboard, which will be either Natomas or Kansas, depending on which gets funded first.

Everything we do is strictly on a volunteer basis. I receive no money or salary and neither do either of my board members. We do this because we believe it is our mission. Our lack of information impacted the health and wellbeing of our children. We had to witness the damage that was done to them in order for us to care enough and to persist enough to get this done, and to never give up on sharing information with other parents.

I don't want any birthday cards. But if you WERE to send me a birthday card; one of those really nice ones from Hallmark, you would probably pay at least four or five dollars for it, plus the cost of postage. If you got me a really cheap birthday card, like one of those 99 cent deals, you'd still spend more than a dollar by the time they added tax.

I'm asking for you to contribute the amount of a birthday card so we can get Timmy's billboard running. If you don't want to use paypal, that's cool. Just send me an email at marcella@vaxtruth.org and let me know your check is on its way.

The address is:
VaxTruth, Inc.
P.O. Box 695
Meridian, ID 83680 (yes, it's Idaho, not Indiana)

To make your "Happy Birthday to Me" donation, please visit this link.

To learn about Timmy and the California Billboard Project, please visit this link.

To join the Vaxtruth facebook page, click here.

Thank-you for everything you do to support me and to support VaxTruth. We are one and the same on this mission to empower parents and give children a choice."

~ Marci

No comments:

Post a Comment