Monday, September 17, 2012

Confessions of a Mama who Dry Nursed

© 2012 Laura Fine

"When I was pregnant with my first baby, my daughter, I had a weird feeling, an intuition that I was just supposed to breast feed her, but I didn't know any one who had breastfed her child. I had worries, such as thinking it might hurt and wondering if I might be looked down upon for breastfeeding. I wanted to nurse her so badly, though!

I knew enough from my pregnancy pamphlets that "breast is best" and was sold just on it being the best thing I could feed my child. I didn't know who to contact, where to find any help, or where to look to get information.

My daughter was born on August 12th, 2008. We struggled badly with what I now know were latch issues as well as nipple confusion. I pumped milk until it eventually dried up.

Here are some beautiful moments I'd like to share."

First is a breastmilk bottle that I'd successfully pumped:




Second is our very short lived dry nursing experience:



Do you want to share your experience? September's Confession Series is "Weaning." Details here:
http://www.facebook.com/events/104080466412749/


No comments:

Post a Comment