Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Proud Parents of Unvaccinated Children Cyberbullying

I woke up to an inbox filled with questions and concern, and questions in several groups and pages. The Proud Parents of Unvaccinated Children page, an active and large community, is no longer published on Facebook. So this is my general disclaimer for all areas and people:

1) I have no idea what happened with the PPoUC page. 
2) I have no way of verifying the real owner's account, or if other accounts with similar names and photos are the actual owner. 
3) I have no way of verifying the copy cat pages and groups appearing, who owns them
 or their intent.

My gut instinct says to avoid any pages or groups alleging to be the new PPoUC, or who are using the name and any other copyrighted materials.

My gut instinct says to avoid the entire situation, actually. Cyberbullying is not only quite serious and can destroy your life, it is also often bigger than it seems. Yes, that is a nod to shills and an insinuation that more is going on than meets the eye.

To anyone involved with this situation, I encourage them to document everything, take it to the DA, file police reports and hire a lawyer. Remember that many lawyers will do a free consultation first.

Bullying and threats are very serious and can mess with your sense of well being and sanity. Do NOT delete anything. Do NOT barter or bargain with the bully. Contact authorities who can assist you. Save all information. Do not feel as if you have no rights or options; this is part of the psychological trap. If you are feeling anxious or scared about your situation, reach out to others, let them know what is happening and create a community of support.


For more information about cyberbullying:http://www.stopcyberbullying.org/
http://www.ncpc.org/cyberbullying



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update - I really miss the PPoUC page and its community. It's probably actually most of the reason I was on FB. If you ever hear of them returning, please let me know - thanks!

    ReplyDelete